I created this bean salad with ingredients I had in the cupboard and it took all of 5 minutes to put together. It is a great side dish or can be a vegetarian lunch on its own.
I served it last night with a roast beef dinner for guests and got raves all around! Even from the non bean salad eating kids!
Now thats what I call success!
Spanish Bean Salad
- I can of mixed beans (I used the kidney, black eyed, chickpea, romano blend) rinsed
- I can of black beans rinsed
- 1/2 each of red and green bell pepper diced
- 1 plum tomato diced
- 1/4 vidilia onion diced
- 1 tbsp oregano (or to taste)
- 1tbsp parsley( or to taste)
- 1tbsp southwest spice blend (or chili powder and red pepper flakesor cayenne pepper combined)
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing or 1/4 cup each vinegar and olive oil
Serve and sit back and wait for all the compliments!