" I truly think it is best to be a robin lightly dressed concocting soup inside my nest" ~Maurice Sendak

Full of Beans

Ahhh..The easy living of summer....Throw something on the grill..toss a salad and suppers done! But if your like me...I am getting tired of lettuce and potato salads already.

I created this bean salad with ingredients I had in the cupboard and it took all of 5 minutes to put together. It is a great side dish or can be a vegetarian lunch on its own.
I served it last night with a roast beef dinner for guests and got raves all around! Even from the non bean salad eating kids!

Now thats what I call success!

Spanish Bean Salad
  • I can of mixed beans (I used the kidney, black eyed, chickpea, romano blend) rinsed
  • I can of black beans rinsed
  • 1/2 each of red and green bell pepper diced
  • 1 plum tomato diced
  • 1/4 vidilia onion diced
  • 1 tbsp oregano (or to taste)
  • 1tbsp parsley( or to taste)
  • 1tbsp southwest spice blend (or chili powder and red pepper flakesor cayenne pepper combined)
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing or 1/4 cup each vinegar and olive oil
Combine in bowl and chill in fridge for at least 2 hours.

Serve and sit back and wait for all the compliments!

Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Web Site Counter