" I truly think it is best to be a robin lightly dressed concocting soup inside my nest" ~Maurice Sendak

Comfort & Joy

I have to admit I am getting tired of winter and all that goes along with it.
The illnesses that have gone through our household, the freezing temperatures and dry winter air all has me yearning for spring.


I have been seeking refuge in my kitchen as hovering over a warm stove creating comfort food for my family chases away the winter blues for me.

This dish is comfort food at it's best. You can use any cut of chicken you wish, I used breasts here.

The sunny flavours of the Tuscany region all come together here with the tomatoes, olives and Italian herbs. You can serve this on its own with warm ciabatta bread or add herbed boiled potatoes and a spinach salad for a heartier meal.

Lets hope spring arrives really soon..meanwhile keep warm in the kitchen!


Chicken Tuscany
  • ~olive oil
  • 8 skinless bone in chicken pieces such as breasts, thighs or drumsticks.
  • 3 cloves of garlic minced
  • 1 each large carrot, celery rib and onion diced
  • 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 can of white kidney beans drained and rinsed
  • 1 tbsp parsley
  • 1/2 cup of pitted black olives (optional)
  • 2 tbsp Italian herb seasoning
  • 1 cup of white wine
In a large wide pan heat the oil and add the onion, celery and carrot.
Cook until softened.

Add the chicken and brown on all sides.

Add remaining ingredients and bring to a low boil then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes until chicken is no longer pink in the centre.
You can remove the cover for the last 10 minutes to thicken sauce if needed.


Wine Suggestion: Chianti

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Web Site Counter