" I truly think it is best to be a robin lightly dressed concocting soup inside my nest" ~Maurice Sendak

Get Grillin'

Across the country this weekend barbecues will be fired up grilling classics like steaks, beef burgers and hot dogs.
Why?
Because the first long weekend of the summer finally is here!
In Canada it is Victoria Day weekend, in honor of Queen Victoria's Birthday.
Many also refer to it as "May 2-4" as it quite often falls on the 24th of May but the nick name is given more for the fact that many cases of 24 beers will be consumed by Canadians this weekend.

Hamburgers are classic long weekend fare.
I prefer homemade beef burgers to the frozen commercial variety, which I find taste bland and dry. You can add just about anything to vary the flavor such as barbecue sauces, ketchup, onions, garlic, different herbs and spices.
This is my version this year.
I kept it simple as I prefer to garnish my burger after it is cooked. I just used herbs and
Worcestershire sauce.
Choose lean beef as extra lean beef tend to be too dry for grilling. Whole wheat buns keep it low fat and healthy.
Add my Classic Caesar Salad, a glass of red wine and settle back... unwind.

Enjoy your long weekend everyone!

Ultimate Beef Burgers
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 tsp each of basil, black pepper, thyme and oregano
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1lb lean ground beef
In a mixing bowl combine the first 7 ingredients. Mix well. Add the ground beef and mix well.
Form into 4 patties.
Place on grill and cook until no longer pink in the center. Place on a bun and garnish with condiments.


Wine Suggestion: Shiraz

Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Web Site Counter