" I truly think it is best to be a robin lightly dressed concocting soup inside my nest" ~Maurice Sendak

Spud Simplicity

A staple on most buffet tables this time of year is potato salad.

More often than not it is the creamy variety which can be very filling and can get boring after a while.

It also is a food safety hazard in warm weather if it is the mayonnaise laden type.
A friend gave me this recipe that she got out of one of Jamie Oliver's cookbooks.

I tweaked it a little to suit my tastes.
The olive oil makes it heart healthy and safe to take along on picnics. The dill and capers give it a tangy unique flavour. You can peel the potatoes if you like. I left the skins on for extra nutritional punch.


I love the fact that this salad tastes delicious hot, cold or at room temperature. I also adore the simplicity of it and how easy it is to put together.

I think you will find
this salad a refreshing change and will find yourself making it over and over.

Rustic Tangy Potato Salad
  • 8 new potatoes scrubbed or 1/2 a bag of baby potatoes
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 3 tbsp chopped capers
  • 1/2 a bunch of chopped fresh dill
  • 1/2 a Vidilia onion diced
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup of olive oil
Boil the potatoes until just tender. Chop into pieces .
Mix all other ingredients in a large bowl.
Add the potatoes and toss well.
Chill for 1 hour or serve warm or room temperature.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Web Site Counter