I haven't been posting as often as I should.
You see I am still in holiday mode and we are busy renovating our backyard.
I know, sad excuses.
I made this recipe back in July when the weather was warmer and our barbecue was accessible and not at the far back corner of the yard.
This dish is so easy to prepare and full of Caribbean island flavors. I used large wild brown shrimp here but any raw shrimp will work .
While the shrimp is marinating you can prepare the rice.
So put on a bit of Reggae and enjoy the last few weeks of the lazy days of summer.
Island Grilled Shrimp with Rice and Peas
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 4 tbsp each of lime juice and orange juice
- 1/2 tsp of crushed chili pepper or cayenne powder
- 1 tsp each of minced garlic, honey and brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 pound of large prepared shrimp.
Cook on a barbecue grill topper until opaque pink color.
Rice and Peas
- 1 cup of white rice
- 3 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can of drained rinsed black beans
- 1/2 tsp of chili powder or jerk spice
Add the beans and mix well.
Serve with grilled shrimp on top.
Wine Suggestion: Gewürztraminer