" I truly think it is best to be a robin lightly dressed concocting soup inside my nest" ~Maurice Sendak

Matchmaker

I am a big fan of pairing foods with wine.

This Christmas I received a bottle of wine as a gift.
It said on the label that the wine went well with Hoisin Steak.
So I set out to find the perfect recipe to go with this wine however most of the recipes I researched had the steaks being grilled outside.
Well, we all know that right now it is way to cold to be outside grilling so I made up my own version using the oven.

Hoisin sauce is found in the Asian section of grocery stores. It is made from soybeans and spices.

I was so pleased with how this turned out and with the wine it was a match made in heaven.



Oven Hoisin Steak
  • 1/2 cup of hoisin sauce
  • 1/2 cup of soy sauce
  •  1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
  • 2 tbsp black pepper
  • 4 strip loin steaks
 Mix first 4 ingredients and place in a zip lock bag.
Add steaks and marinate in fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
Preheat oven to 375F
Place steaks and remaining marinade in baking dish.
Cook in the oven until streaks are done to your liking. (about 20 minutes for medium)
Let rest for a few minutes and serve with rice and broccoli. 


Wine Suggestion: Red Velvet by Cupcake Winery


Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Web Site Counter