" I truly think it is best to be a robin lightly dressed concocting soup inside my nest" ~Maurice Sendak

Gone Bananas

I always have bananas sitting on my counter. They are my favourite fruit.

There are times though, where they ripen a little faster then I want them to.
Baking with over ripe bananas is the best way to use them up.
Who can resist the aroma of freshly baked banana bread?


I have been making the same recipe for years. I just vary it with the addition of nuts or chocolate chips.
I have also used the same batter in a muffin tin or square cake pan.
Mine was barely out the oven before everyone was spreading butter on warm slices.

Does it get any better then that?


Banana Bread
  • 1 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup of butter softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 5 small/medium or 3 large very ripe bananas
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 21/2 cups of flour
  • 1 tsp each of baking soda and salt
  • 1/2 cup of chocolate chips or walnuts


Preheat oven to 375F
Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
In a large bowl mix the sugar and butter until smooth.
Add the eggs and mix well.
Add bananas, milk and vanilla and mix until smooth.
Add remaining ingredients and mix until all is moist.
Pour into pan and bake in the oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hour until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in centre of the loaf.
Remove from pan and cool.

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Web Site Counter