" I truly think it is best to be a robin lightly dressed concocting soup inside my nest" ~Maurice Sendak

Stuffed with Happiness

I am pleased to announce that I have a new camera.
You will notice I am slowly replacing some of the pictures on the blog as I prepare the dishes over again.

This side dish was inspired by a recipe in my new Jamie Oliver cookbook, "Cook with Jamie"
The kids had a blast helping me, by coring out the centre of the potatoes and then stuffing it all back together.
Jamie used bacon, sage leaves, anchovies and garlic in his recipe. I modified it to suit my family's tastes.
We thought this was a really unique dish. It is fun enough for kids yet looks elegant enough to serve at a dinner party.

Thanks to Mom for the great cook book, Jamie for the great recipe and my husband for the wonderful camera!

Stuffed Potatoes

I have left out exact amounts as you would need as many potatoes as required for your group.

  • medium sized potatoes
  • basil leaves
  • cheddar cheese cut in small sticks
  • bacon slices cut in half
  • olive oil
  • salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375F
Wash and dry potatoes.
With an apple corer press out the centre of the potato as if you were coring an apple. Reserve the plugs.
Take a bacon slice half, piece of cheese and basil leaf and stuff it in the middle of each potato.
Put the reserved plug back in the ends. ( It is ok if some stuffing sticks out)
Lay in a greased baking dish. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. If you find you have leftover bacon and cheese like I did just scatter it over the top.

Bake for 45 min to 1 hour until golden, turning occasionally.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Web Site Counter