" I truly think it is best to be a robin lightly dressed concocting soup inside my nest" ~Maurice Sendak

Creme de la Creme

I am the first to admit it. I am not a "dessert person". Lord knows.... I don't even have a "sweet tooth!"
I am a savory person all the way, however, when I tried this dessert.... I think I could be converted.

Crème Brûlée.
My friend got me onto this famous french dessert that dates back to 1691.
Translated it means burnt cream.
Essentially it is a custard is that is chilled and immediately before serving , sugar is sprinkled over the top and caramelized with a blow torch or put under a broiler, resulting in a hot, crunchy caramelized top that contrasts with the cool, soft custard.
You can scale the recipe down depending on your ramekin size. This recipe makes 6 to 8 medium ramekins.

This is a total delight!
I can't say anymore..just go and make it...and be prepared...
For total bliss~

Thank you Adriana, for sharing your wonderful recipe.




Crème Brûlée

  • 3 cups heavy cream
  • 6 egg yolks
  • 1/3 cup of sugar
  • 1 split vanilla bean

In a sauce pan warm the cream.
Split the vanilla bean lengthwise scrape seeds and add both to the cream.
In a bowl mix the sugar and egg yolks well.
Add the cream to the eggs mixture whisking all the while.
Strain to remove large seeds and vanilla bean.
Pour into Ramekins 3/4 full and place on large deep baking sheet. Add water to create a "double boiler"
Cook at 375F for 45 min until firm like jello.
Refrigerate
Sprinkle sugar on top and use a blow torch to caramelize or heat under broiler.

Serve.

Cheers!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Web Site Counter