" I truly think it is best to be a robin lightly dressed concocting soup inside my nest" ~Maurice Sendak

Just what the Doctor Ordered.

Blame on the air conditioning..
I have a summer cold. No..make that "Coldzilla!!"
I am totally stuffed up and congested. No matter what time of year I always turn to chicken soup for relief.
However, when I went to my pantry to get a can I discovered I was out..so I thought.. I will just make my own!
This is so easy and quick you may never buy the sodium filled store bought type again!

Quick Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup.

  • 4 cups water
  • 4 tsp concentrated chicken boullion mix
  • few handfuls of small pasta (I used tiny shells)
  • 1/2 cup cooked diced chicken meat
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas
  • lemon pepper, parsley to taste


Add boullion to water in medium pot and bring to a boil
Add pasta and cook until tender reduce heat to simmer
add peas, chicken, pepper, and parsley
simmer another 5 min.
Ladle into bowls and serve!



This is truly comfort in a bowl!


Cheers!



1 comment:

  1. Homemade soup is GOLD! This looks so easy. Could it really be??

    ReplyDelete

Free Web Site Counter