" I truly think it is best to be a robin lightly dressed concocting soup inside my nest" ~Maurice Sendak

Mamma Mia!

I love Fridays.
Knowing the whole weekend stretches out ahead of you..what a great feeling.
Its has been a hectic week in our neck of the woods.Hubby working overtime, kids worn out from the heat as their school lacks air conditioning.
I like to keep it simple on Fridays. Make something fun and easy.
Homemade pizza fits the bill perfectly. This version is an authentic Italian style "white" pizza without tomato sauce. My kids prefer this type to the tomato sauce laden version.

You can use uncooked dough and roll it out yourself however if you plan on grilling the pizza, getting it on to the grills will be a bit of a challenge. I used a store bought baked whole wheat pizza crust for this version. We had thunderstorms all evening so I had to bake it in the oven instead of grilling as planned. I have left out amounts of some ingredients.. You can adjust to suit your own tastes.

Pizza Bianca

* 1 store bought pizza crust of your choice.
* about 2 tbsp Olive oil
* Shredded mozzarella
* Shredded Parmesan cheese
* thinly sliced strips of prosciutto
* thinly sliced sundried tomatoes
* Fresh basil and oregano (can use dried Italian herb mix as well)

Follow instructions as per package of pizza dough.
brush crust with olive oil
sprinkle shredded cheeses over oiled crust
scatter sundried tomatoes and prosciutto
sprinkle with herbs
Bake in 400 degree oven or place on grill for 10 minutes.
Slice into wedges and enjoy!

There many variations of this pizza. I have used Genoa salami, sliced grape tomatoes, thinly sliced peppers...the options are endless!


Wine Suggestion: Merlot

Cheers!
















1 comment:

  1. Although I have cupboards and a fridge full of food, I nearly went out and bought the ingredients for a pizza! Your inspirational skills are killer! Instead I tossed up some salad and soup. Maybe tomorrow . . .

    ReplyDelete

Free Web Site Counter