We have literally been staying in all week in the comfort of the air conditioning. It has been too hot to barbecue and sit outside, but thats ok... I have missed cooking in my kitchen! Especially one of my favorite dishes..pasta.
This is a summery blend of crab and shrimp in a blush sauce. My kids sauce of choice.
For the budget conscious imitation crab can be used instead of regular. The evaporated milk instead of cream makes this dish virtually fat free!
A real bonus when we are smack in the middle of bikini season!
Pasta with a Seafood Blush Sauce.
- 1 pkg small peeled cooked shrimp(raw can be used as well)
- 1 can or package of crab meat
- 1/2 diced each of red pepper, green pepper and onion
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 can of fat free evaporated milk (or small carton of cream if you wish)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp of Italian herbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 a bag of Penne or other pasta of choice
- Olive oil for sauteing
- salt and pepper to taste
Meanwhile.. In a large wide sauce pan heat olive oil and add onions and peppers and cook until softened.
Add crab and shrimp and cook until done (if using raw seafood)
Add minced garlic, spices and tomatoes, stir in evaporated milk and cheese.
Simmer over med/ low heat until slightly thickened.
Drain pasta and serve with sauce ladled over top and garnish with more cheese.
Wine Suggestion: White Italian Colli Albani