" I truly think it is best to be a robin lightly dressed concocting soup inside my nest" ~Maurice Sendak

Opa!

One of the places I would absolutely love to visit is Greece.
Next to Italian it is my next favourite ethnic cuisine.

Creamy feta cheese, ripe black olives and lots of garlic..it doesn't get any better than that. Tonight I turned plain thick cut boneless pork loin chops into a Greek feast.
My family adored it and demanded I make it again..very soon.

What do I say to that?

OPA!

Greek Oven Pork Chops
  • 4 large boneless pork loin chops
  • 1 cup of low salt creamy style feta cheese
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp oregano
  • 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic
  • pepper
  • 1/4 cup black olives (optional)
Place pork chops in a greased shallow baking dish.
In a bowl combine oil, feta, 1 tbsp of oregano, garlic, tomatoes and olives .
Spread evenly over pork chops.

Top with remaining oregano and pepper.

Bake for 40 min until done.

Serve with lemon rice and a Greek salad.

Wine Suggestion: Syrah


Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Web Site Counter