" I truly think it is best to be a robin lightly dressed concocting soup inside my nest" ~Maurice Sendak

Snap To It

In our house we enjoy seafood a lot, we usually have fish at least one night a week.

Standing at the fish counter at the market the other day I was thinking that I wanted to try something different.
The big sale that day was on Red Snapper so I gave it a try and am I ever glad I did. It is one incredible fish! The texture is silky smooth, moist and meaty with a delicate flavour. Not at all like other fishes that can be dry and flaky. We all really enjoyed it.

I gave it an Asian twist by baking it in the oven with ginger, soy and garlic. This dish is extremely quick to assemble, perfect for a busy weeknight.

Note to self: Try different types of fish more often, your family will thank you for it!


Japanese Red Snapper

  • 2 large Red Snapper Fillets
  • 1/2 cup brewed soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • small piece of fresh ginger minced
  • 1 tsp ,minced garlic
  • 3 green onions sliced
  • pepper

In a large greased baking dish arrange the fish.
In a large measuring cup combine the remaining ingredients except the onions.
Pour over the fish. Scatter the green onions over top.
Bake in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until the fish is opaque and flakes with a fork.
Serve with steamed rice and stir fry vegetables.

Wine Suggestion: Sake

Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Web Site Counter