It is getting to that time of year where you just want to cuddle up inside.
The time when you crave heartier fare that warms you up from the inside out.
This is another variation of the cold weather staple Chili.
This time I used the flavours of Mexico, cumin, chipolte pepper sauce and black beans.
Corn can be added as well (however I omitted it in mine due to an allergy.)
This chili is also wonderful spooned over tortilla chips, or placed in a hard or soft soft flour tortilla shell.
I guarantee this chili will warm you up all the way from the end of your nose to the tips of your toes!
Mexican Black Bean Chili
- 1 small onion
- 1 pound of ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 2 cans of black beans
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 1/2 to 1cup of salsa of your choosing (mild to hot)
- 1 tsp beef bouillon concentrate
- 1/2 cup frozen corn(optional)
- 1 tbsp each of minced garlic, cumin and chili powder
- 1 tsp of chipolte hot sauce (to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a low boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
Serve with shredded Monetery Jack cheese on top (optional)and extra hot sauce on the side.